“You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime you find…you get what you need.” Mick Jagger
Do you ever wonder about God and why He takes so long to answer some of our prayers? It is easy to get impatient with God if we don’t see things from His perspective.
Our real problem is: we don’t trust God when we try to rush Him.
Here is what I know about trusting God and His timing:
- He knows what is best for me including the timing.
- God is teaching me patience. Patience builds character, and character gives hope. We all need hope to face the trials of life.
- God’s ways are not our ways. We have to trust that He knows what He is doing.
- It is not all about me. There are always other people affected when God moves. He is putting all the pieces together at the right time.
- God wants me to be thankful for what I have already. He sometimes delays blessings because of ingratitude.
- God wants my praise. After all, He is worthy of it.
- God does not wear a watch. That is man’s way of counting time, not God’s.
- He wants us to be careful what we ask for. He knows that many times we ask for something without really understanding the consequences.
- God is faithful to His promises. If He said it, He will do it at the right time.
- God won’t hear my prayers if I don’t forgive people who have wronged me.
- Not waiting on God can have life-long repercussions. Look at the mess we still are dealing with because Abraham and Sarah did not wait on God to give them a child. The unrest we have today in the middle east was birthed out of that mistake.
If you are at a point in life where you are getting impatient with God, take a deep breath and rest in Him. He has everything you need…in His time. Start praising Him for all He has done, is doing, and is going to do in you, through you, and for you. Stand on His Word. Trust and obey…there is no other way.