Ask a hundred financial advisors this question and you will probably get a hundred different answers. Some might say municipal bonds because of safety. Some might say CDs because they don’t tie up your money long term. Some might say real estate because it holds it’s value (usually). Some might say gold, because it always has value. And last but not least, some might say stocks.
However, I have a different answer for you to consider. You are your best investment. What are you doing to improve your investment?
- Invest in your relationship with God. That pays eternal dividends. Beat THAT Wall Street.
- Invest in your relationship with your family. They need you and value your contributions. The returns are abundant.
- Invest in your relationship with your friends. There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother….find him or her and value them like precious gold.
- Invest in your work. You reap what you sow. Sow continually to reap continual rewards.
- Invest in your health. Without your health, not much else matters. Your body is a temple. What condition is your temple in? If it needs an extreme makeover, do it.
Taking care of you is the best investment you can make. Once you are balanced in the areas listed above, you can not only have a fulfilled and joyful life, you can be a true blessing to others. Isn’t that what we all seek?
P.S. We have professionals that help us manage our investments. Perhaps we need help in our personal investments. Don’t be too proud to ask for help if you need it.