Sometimes prayer is all we’ve got, but sometimes prayer is all we need. Prayer is an amazing thing!
- It allows us to come before God almighty…our very Creator with our concerns and our needs.
- It is a way for us to praise God.
- Prayer allows us to move mountains.
- Prayer can be the thing that brings healing to us.
- It allows us to summon the very hosts of Heaven to our aid.
- It allows us to storm the gates of Hell.
- It helps us experience miracles.
- It increases our faith.
- Prayer gives us hope when all seems hopeless.
- Nothing is too big or too small for us to bring to God in prayer.
- It allows us to intercede on the behalf of others.
- It ushers in peace in the midst of the storm.
Jesus taught us how to pray:
“Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.”
I thank God for the gift and power of prayer. It is sometimes hard for me to grasp that with prayer, I have God’s ear. I know He hears my prayers, and he always answers them. His answers are yes, no, and wait. I can deal with the first two, but the last one is the hardest for me, and I expect it is the hardest one for you too.
By the way, I learned years ago not to pray for patience. You know why? Because we get patience through trials and tribulations! Unless you like more trials and tribulations, don’t pray for patience. You will get it without praying for it…trust me.
My prayer for you and me is that we all learn the power of prayer. It should not be the last resort….but our first response. We are never more powerful than when we have humbled ourselves before God and come before him on our knees.