I hate stumbling blocks. It seems that they are everywhere I turn, and I seem to be stubbing my toe every time I turn around. They come in various shapes and sizes, and it seems that no matter how hard I try, they still manage to trip me up!
What are some of the stumbling blocks we all face?
- Pride. When our ego gets in the way, we shoot ourselves in the foot. A teaspoon of humility always goes down easier than a gallon of pride.
- Unforgiveness. If we harbor resentments against those that have wronged us, we let them steal our joy. Is there true success without joy? I don’t think so.
- Fear. Fear robs us of peace and holds us back from our destiny. Fear has a spouse called Worry. They go hand in hand. The child they produce is Stress. Fear, Worry, and Stress are things we can control, but we have to face them and conquer them. Quit carrying them with you. They are too heavy to bear.
- Being Selfish. It is natural to be selfish. We are born that way. We want everything our way when we want it, and just the way we want it. We have to get over ourselves and learn the secret of serving. That is when we can actually grow up. Being an adult is not just an age we attain, it is having the maturity to accept responsibility for who we are and to admit that it is not just all about us in this world. When we put the needs of others ahead of ourselves, we find that the pathway just got easier.
- Being foolish. We have all made some terrible decisions at some point in our lives. Unfortunately, some of those have life-long consequences. Just because we have made some foolish choices, does not make us fools. It makes us human. We only become a fool if we continue making foolish choices. Learn the lesson. You don’t want to take the test over and over and over, do you?
- Being lazy. Success does not come to those that sleep. It takes work, perseverance, and a belief in yourself as well as your goal. It takes focused activity. Don’t wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.
What stumbling blocks have you been facing in your pursuit of success? Here’s to you removing the stumbling blocks that have been holding you back.
- A stumbling blo… (perseverance2013.wordpress.com)