“Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted.” Christine Caine
It has been a weird week. I am reminded that Christmas is not a merry time for everyone. Here is a list of things that happened to friends of mine this past week:
- One friend’s wife passed away from a long bout with cancer.
- Another friend told me her child was doing drugs and involved sexually with her boyfriend.
- Another friend told me his child found out their spouse was cheating on them and living a double life.
- Another friend texted me that one of the people I met on the mission trip to Guatemala was in a terrible accident last Friday and was on life support!
- Another close friend told us that their pet died this week.
My head is spinning and my heart is breaking from the news. I feel like I have been on a rollercoaster and am emotionally exhausted from all of it. Whether you are personally going through tough times or know someone that is, my thoughts and prayer are with all who are suffering this Christmas.
May the Lord be with you and your families. May He give you peace in the storms you are facing, and wisdom in the decisions you must make. May He give you courage to face the day and faith to sustain you. May He be your light in the darkness. Amen.