As you probably know, I go by Superman at school, so many of the remarks made to me have to do with my claim to be a Super Hero.
- “Isn’t Superman supposed to be young?” To that I replied, “Hey…I am 111 years old. What do you expect? But I look good, right???” Once kid replied to me, “I didn’t think you were over 80!” Thanks a lot, Buddy. LOL.
- “Isn’t Superman supposed to have Abs?” I just looked at him sideways and said, “What are you trying to tell me???” I puff out my chest…but it does not help much. LOL.
- “Isn’t Superman supposed to have hair?” To that I show them the hair on the back of my head. “See…I have hair!!!” LOL.
- “If you are Superman, FLY!!!!” To that I reply, “I NEVER fly without my cape.” Then they ask, “Where is your cape???” I tell them, “It is at home being washed by my wife….Wonder Woman.” Then I give them the double thumbs up. LOL.
- “If you are Superman, use your laser eyes!!!” To that I reply, “I did use my laser eyes recently. I was looking in the mirror and look what it did to my head!!!” LOL.
- “Show us some super powers!!!” I show them two things. One is I thump my cheek and make this sound like water dripping. They are amazed that I can make this sound for some reason. LOL. Then the other thing I do is twist my arm around to where it is turned completely around. Not sure why I can do this. It is a gift. LOL.
- One kid came up to me when I was sitting at the teacher’s desk reading over some of the assignments. He poked my belly with his finger and asked, “Are you pregnant?” LOL. As my mind was swimming on how to respond properly to this child, one of his classmates came to my rescue when he exclaimed, “Boys don’t have babies, GIRLS do!” Whew! I dodged a bullet with that one. LOL. That comment gave me incentive to go on a diet and I lost 25 lbs.
- I play music for the kids regularly and one kid asked, “How do you know about OUR music.” I just looked over my glasses at him and said, “Do you know who I am???” Then I revealed my Superman T shirt….LOL. The funny thing is, I really do know their music better than they do. It freaks them out when I can sing the lyrics to some of their songs.
One thing I know for sure about kids, you NEVER know what they are going to say.