Would you describe yourself as secure or insecure? Here are some characteristics to consider. If you are secure:
- You are not needy. You are content.
- You are not self-centered. You think of others first.
- You do not worry. You have faith.
- You are not driven by what other people think of you. You know who you are.
- You shun ingratitude. You are truly grateful for all that you’ve been given.
- You don’t confuse using things and using people.
- You don’t talk about people, you talk to them.
- You understand that being secure, you can make decisions without second-guessing yourself. You are careful and analytical, but decisive.
- You know that what you see on the outside is not always a match of what is inside someone. Beauty is not necessarily in the eye of the beholder either. True beauty is when you look at the heart. That is what God looks at. If that has beauty there is merit. Inner beauty always trumps outer beauty.
How are you measuring up so far? Do you want to move from insecure to secure in who you are?
- Once you know “whose” you are, you can rely upon “who” you are. God formed you. You are a miracle; one of a kind. You are His. No other person on earth has your exact DNA. That makes you special. You have a purpose on this earth. Once you accept that, it can take you to new levels in your faith, your family, your friends, and your future. You can be secure in God. He loves you completely. If you don’t get anything else, get that, and trust HIM.
- You have to know who you are. That is both simple and complex. You can choose to not believe it. You can know who you are and ignore it. Or…you can know who you are and walk out your destiny. That choice is totally up to you.
Don’t waste your time or your life trying to be a people pleaser. Trust me, you can never please everyone. There will always be the haters, but if you know who you are, it does not matter. That gives YOU the power, so use it wisely.