I just received word that my favorite Aunt Ardys passed away at age 99. She was just a few months shy of turning 100. What a wonderful legacy this woman left.
Things that Ardys taught me with her life:
- Value family. Ardys always stayed in touch and always let us know we were in her thoughts and prayers.
- She created beauty. She would send us hand designed cards.
- You are never too old for relationships. She remarried while in her 80’s.
- She loved to laugh and seemed to always take life in stride.
- Her relationship with my Mother was special. They had a unique bond that was wonderful. They both loved to play games and were very competitive. They would beat you in a game while smiling, laughing, and serving you milk and cookies.
- She had a devout love for God.
- She had the ability to put you at ease. When you spoke with her you just felt at home.
- She had a genuine smile that would light up the room.
I know Ardys and Mom are together now, and for that I am envious. I miss them both. Ardys passing is another reminder that we all have to face our mortality.
If I could have changed just one thing with Ardys…I wish I had talked to her before she passed….just to tell her “I love you.” She was an incredible woman with a legacy that will go on for generations.
I can only hope that I have just a small piece of her impact on others.